Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Free Finds for Valentine's Day

“Free” just might be my favorite word.

  If you want to celebrate Valentine’s Day without spending a lot of money-or any money, for that matter- take a look at these little freebees.  Its not about what you spend, it’s the thought that counts, right?


“I am loved” pin
Back in 2007 while having my wedding band inspected at a Helzberg store in the mall,  I noticed a big bowl of red ‘I am loved’ pins.  When I asked the associate what they were for, she told me they were free and to help myself!  I have been collecting them one at a time for years.  They come in a variety of colors and languages.  A few years back, I sent one in Japanese to my Dad to remind him of his time in the Air-force living in Okinawa.  


Very Sexy eValentine
Ecards have been around forever, but they’re still fun to find in your inbox.  At the Victoria’sSecret website, you can personalize your own pretty little ecard for friends or significant others. The process only takes a few seconds, then you just send it off to make some one you love blush. 



Free Compliments
This is so cute! I found this clever sheet of complements created by Gail for her blog cantstopmakingthings.com.  You can print it right from the blog post and pin it up at work or any public space to make someone’s day.  The copy I posted at work in the break room went over very well.  Everyone loves to be flattered!





Redbox Rental
My ideal Valentine’s Day involves dinner, treats and a movie.  On hunt4freebies.com, I discovered a code for one free movie tonight from Redbox.  Enter code: HEART at your Redbox Kiosk.  If you are like me and have no interest in venturing out into the hectic holiday crowds today, this is perfect.  I am looking forward to snuggling up on the couch with my hubby, lots of blankets, and a good film.




Here's a great gift idea: a corny love poem.  So you say you aren't a writer?  No problem, just visit the free love poem generator.  Fill in the blanks with the special words on your mind and viola! You will instantly have a personalized sweet silly poem.  It might take a couple of tries, and the result will most likely be kind of goofy, but its fun to create and to read.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my free compliments. I've placed 2 of them on a community bulletin board and they are used up in a matter of days. It makes me happy that for the price of a single piece of copy paper I can make people smile.

    ReplyDelete