Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring Break Wish List

Spring break started my tradition of believing it was warm long before summer.

  After spending a blissful week under the warm Florida sun in tank tops and seashell bracelets, it was hard to come back to cold snowy Michigan.  When spring break was over, I just couldn't accept that it was still winter; I was in denial.  My feet and hands were numb as I walked to class through the snow in flip flops, skirts and hoodies, but I had already decided it was spring.  Everything I wore for the next six months was made of thin cotton in bright colors and smelled like sunscreen.
In high school and college, there were two times each year when I would buy most of my clothing: going back to school and spring break.  I won't be going anywhere exotic this year, but the stores are filling with bright new clothes, and I can't help looking.   There are four colors I'm seeing everywhere for the season: a clear pool water blue, Goldenrod yellow, a soft peachy pink, and white.  Here are some of the things that caught my eye:


Embroidered beach dress, American Eagle, $44.50
Lace Back Thong, Victoria’s Secret, $9.50
SoCal Flip Flops, Hollister, $19.50
Turquoise Studded Wrap Ring, Free People, $148.00
Chiffon Ruffle Short, Urban Outfitters, $39.00
Leather id wallet, Coach, $48.00
Detailed Bead Chain Necklace, Forever21, $6.80


Strapless Jersey Dress, Hazel, $92.40
High Society Clutch, Francesca’s, $28.00
Swimsuit, Gap, top $38.95, Bottom, $36.95
BKE Mixed Bangle Bracelet Set, Buckle, $14
Key-Per Tote, Fossil, $128
Amelia Flats, Anthropologie, $128
Yellow Campise Shoe, ALDO, $100






Cutout Patent Flat, Charlotte Russe, $19.50
Bikini, H&M
Neapolitan Plaid Blouse, Anthropologie, $128
Guess Sunglasses, Sunglass Hut, $58
Floral Scarf, American Eagle, $19.50
Pearlescent Flower Ring, Forever21, $2.80
Sleeveless Sequined Racerback Tank, American Rag, $49.00
Gold Tone Square Stretch Bracelet. Kenneth Cole New York, $49.00 



Listen To Your Heart Tee, Delia’s, $19.50
Totes White Ruffle Umbrella, Target, $14.99
Ocean Side Pants, Roxy, $42.50
Freshwater Pearl Dress, Shabby Apple, $82
Trailing Feather Hairclip, Love Culture, $5.99
Taking Shape Necklace, Francesca’s, $34.00
Maddox Leather Flat, Fossil, $79.00
Beaded Head wrap, American Eagle, $15.50


I have my own spring break wish list of things I NEED.  We still have a few more months of winter, so there's no rush to go out and buy them, but I'll be keeping my eye out for a good deal.

This swimsuit is ideal: bright and fun with an under wire in the top for support
Becca Swimsuit, the Buckle, top $78.00, bottom $54.00







I've been wanting a pair of woven sandals forever, and this pair is great. I like the warm brown leather and simple design.
Ecote Over & Under Sandal, Urban Outfitters, $29.00






The cut of this dress is very Mad Men.  I am imagining Betty Draper sitting by the country club pool in this dress, gossiping with friends while sipping on a Vodka Dew.

Garden Isle Dress, Shabby Apple, $98.00







I think I have about twenty scarves in my closet, but none with blue stripes.  Light, gauzy scarves are a good match for spring.  The beach seems to be breezy whenever I go, so I like to keep one around.

Spring is all about flowers and sun, and this delicate silk shirt brings both to mind.  I would wear it with little shorts and big sunglasses.
Top, H&M, $24.95






Petoskey stones make me think of the time spent as a child at my grandparent's cottage in Caseville. We made smores, collected shells, and bathed in Lake Huron.  I'd love to buy this pendant from Etsy and wear it on a long chain.
Petosky stone pendant, Etsy, $18.00



I can see this belt wrapped around a white sundress.  I just might have to make one of my own...
With Love From CA Jute Belt, Pacsun, $12.50



The last thing on my list is a new beach towel.  This is Patrick on our honeymoon cruise.  I want a blue & white striped towel like this to remind me of lying together on the beautiful beach in Cozumel . 

No comments:

Post a Comment