Thursday, April 26, 2012

Good{will Outlet} Friday #9 Secretary

Every once in a while, I get to play secretary at my mother-in-law's office.  My favorite aspect of the job is dressing the part.


I always look forward to any opportunity to wear heals and skirts-even if its just for a few hours of paper shredding and internet research.  This is one of my favorite professional outfits, found entirely at the Goodwill Outlet Center.

I found this dusty blue sweater last year and wear it often.  The sweet ruffles in the front and keyhole neck closure in the back drew me in.  Surprisingly, professional clothing is common in the Outlet Center bins.  Dress pants from Express and button up Gap sweaters are regular finds- most of them in great condition.  If you happen to need office wear and are up for the hunt, I would definitely recommend stopping by.


Sometimes I become enamored with weird, random  clothing that has no practical use, like this x-large maternity tank top.  The navy blue pin stripes an white lace are very cute, buuuuuut.... I'm not pregnant or planning to be, so what now?   I took it home anyway (I know, you probably think I'm a hoarder, but I promise I'm not).  With a little cutting (to remove a stained portion of the front) and careful sewing, I have a brand new skirt.  The top's elastic back makes a great waistband.  I also stitched the two ties together to make a belt (not shown).   I plan to wrap it around the waistband and tie it into a bow.




I'm almost convinced that this pair of beautiful brown leather heels was never worn, they're in perfect condition! The finishing touch is a leather belt straight out of the 1990s.  The Outlet Center is a great place full of all kinds of treasures - you just have to be willing to look for them!



*These amazing photos were taken by by Molly Heaven-Hoyle. Contact her at mheavenhoyle@gmail.com

All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:
Sweater, Sweater Project
Skirt (originally a maternity top), Old Navy
Heels, Mossimo
Belt, no brand

No comments:

Post a Comment