Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 29 ~ 30 Days of Nothing Challenge


Day 29

The end is near! Just one more day of the challenge!


Breakfast- pancakes from yesterday and melon juice made by Patrick.  Look at how big this melon from his farmer's market gift basket is.  How did somebody even grow a melon this big? Its almost comical!
(here's a good melon Juice recipe from the Food Network)


For Lunch we both took leftover pasta salad and veggies from Janine's office.




Dinner was a big deal.  Our friends came over to celebrate Patrick's birthday with a pasta bar! I made regular spaghetti noodles, red sauce and warmed up a loaf of my mother in law's bloomin' onion bread.  Rob brought cheese tortellini, Alfredo sauce, a shrimp ring and wine.  It was a feast.  I don't think I've ever eaten so much.









We finally broke in the ice cream maker, but for some mysterious reason (okay...maybe because I didn't have all the ingredients), the cream mixture never froze entirely, so we had vanilla milkshakes with chocolate chips instead, with cupcakes made by Machelle (more about this in the next post).

And we drank them out of wine glasses with straws because those were pretty much the only cups we had clean.  Justin, I'm sure you hate that you are in this picture, but you were telling a funny story and you look hilarious.  I'm sorry, but I had to use it.
I hope you understand.









No comments:

Post a Comment