Monday, April 8, 2013

Colorado Road Trip

Last month, Patrick and I went on an awesome road trip to Colorado for my sister-in-law's baby shower.  We spent a lot of time in the car (thanks to the massive winter storm that rolled through the Midwest just as we did), and saw all kinds of fascinating places and things.  I've been meaning to post the pictures for a while now, and I guess today is the day.



On our way through Iowa we stopped by the World's Largest Truck Stop, complete with a movie theater, food court, museum, and even a dentist's office inside.
We also pulled over at the Sod House Museum in Nebraska - an example of the dirt houses that early settlers lived in. I am about 99% sure that I saw a bald eagle in a tree by the highway.  It was gigantic.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture of it.
We only stayed in Colorado for two days, but it was fun.  I made cake pops for Sarah's baby shower and assembled the travel system. Not to brag, buuuuuut...between Patrick and me, I'm definitely the handy one.
Usually, I don't feel comfortable touching people's bellies, but Charlotte had the hiccups so Sarah let me feel her stomach.  Charlie is already sooo big and she's going to be here soon!
Now, I love weird kitschy stuff and this takes the cake: a miniature museum of Buffalo Bill's Traveling Wild West Show. That's right: a replica of the entire event...in miniature!
We also stopped at a cute little Goodwill store with a table full of tiny junk and trinkets. For a dollar, you could buy as much stuff as would fit in a bucket!
Also, I really liked this sign in our hotel room:

No comments:

Post a Comment